Research Interests: Differential (Riemannian) Geometry, Submanifolds, Foliations, Applied Mathematics & Maple and Matlab.
The Third International Workshop, May 9 — 12, 2018 Geometric Structures and Interdisciplinary Applications, see photo-album here !! and Abstracts
The Second International Workshop, May 15 — 17, 2013 Geometry and Symbolic Computations: Photos Poster Abstracts
Homepage of the project: FP7-PEOPLE-2007-2-1-IEF, No. 219696, period 06/10/2008 to 05/10/2010 Integral formulae and Extrinsic Geometry of Foliations
Homepage of the project: EU-FP7-P-2010-RG, No. 276919, period 01/06/2011 to 30/05/2014 Extrinsic Geometric Flows on Foliated Manifolds
1. The monograph: Foliations on Riemannian Manifolds and Submanifolds. Birkhauser, 1998.
2. The text-book: Geometry of Curves and Surfaces with Maple. - Birkhauser. 2000 and here
3. The monograph (with O. Rand): Analytical Methods in Anisotropic Elasticity with Symbolic Computational Tools. - Birkhauser. 2005.
see book's homepage
4. The monograph (with I. Gaissinski and O. Kelis): Hydrodynamic Instability Analysis. Perturbation Methods- VDM Verlag. 2009.
5. The text-book (with I. Gaissinski): Non-linear models in Mechanics: Instabilities and Turbulence. Mathematical Methods and Applications- LAMBERT Academic Publishing. 2010.
6. The text-book: Modeling of Curves and Surfaces with MATLAB. - SUMAT, Springer. 2010 see reviewZbl_1206.65061 and Web page of The MathWorks Book Program
7. The monograph: Topics in Extrinsic Geometry of Codimension-One_Foliations. Springer 2011
8. The monograph (with I.Gaissinski): Modeling in Fluid Mechanics: instabilities and Turbulence. CRC Press, 2018.
9. The monograph (with P.Walczak): Extrinsic Geometry of Foliations. Progress in Mathematics, vol. 339, Birkhauser, 2021.
Presentation of the
Foliations, Submanifolds and Mixed Curvature,
of surveys: "Itogi Nauki & Tehniki. Geometry", VINITI (Moscow),
1999, 109 p.,
English translation: J. Math. Sci, New York, 99, No.6, 1699-1787 (2000)
review of the survey
Photos from the International workshop
organized by V. Rovenski, see
Full List of CRI Events)
"Geometrical Objects Reconstruction and Symbolic Computations", 15–17 September, 2008, University of Haifa, click here
CV (short) Recent Publications Publications
Scientific advisor and teacher of V. Rovenski, geometer: Prof. V.A. Toponogov
Colleague of V. Rovenski, geometer, Member of the Ukrainian Academy of Science: Prof. A.A. Borisenko
Colleague of V. Rovenski, geometer, a vice-president of the Polish Mathematical Society: Prof. Pawel Walczak
Colleague of V. Rovenski, geometer, Leading researcher of Sobolev institute of Mathematics (Novosibirsk): Prof. V.A. Sharafutdinov
Colleague of V. Rovenski, geometer, Leading researcher of Sobolev institute of Mathematics (Novosibirsk): Prof. V.P. Golubyatnikov
Introduction to Riemannian Geometry
Solving Mathematical Problems with Maple
Geometry and DEs with Maple
Foundations of Geometry
Selected Topics in Geometry
You are visitor number: << >>
Back to Department of Mathematics homepage