Alex Reisner's "A Nation Worth Defending"
Science Minister, Peter McGauran's Criticism
Reisner's Reply and Supplementary Material
1. Reisner's ConScience Article - Australasian Science, April 2003, P. 43
2. The Minister for Science, Peter McGauran's Letter to the Editor, AaS, June 2003, P. 41
3. Reisner's Reply, AaS, June 2003, P. 42
4. Citations tables from U.S. National Science Board's Science and Engineering Indicators, 2002 1; 2, 3, 4
5. Australian Academy of Science, Monitoring Australia's Scientific Research, by Linda Butler. Order form and supporting data.
6. Australian Academy of Science submission No. i225 to DEST review Higher Education at the Crossroads; Issues papers.
7. Linda Butler's submission No. 66 to DEST review Higher Education at the Crossroads; Overview paper.
8. A/Prof. John O'Connor's time-trend graph of university academic staff numbers in engineering and the enabling sciences.
9. Federation of Australian Scientific and Technological Societies (FASTS) 2002 Statement of Policy: Investing in the Future, P.14.
10. Group of Eight Research and Innovation an update: Benchmarking Australia's Investment in R&D, 18 September 2002.
11. European Union Conference, Barcelona, March 15-16 (see section, Research and frontier technologies).
12. Canada's 2010 aspirations for R&D.